Ad Lucem Law provides a broad scope of services and international reach with the personable approach of a boutique firm. Book a free consultation today and learn more about how we can illuminate legal solutions that best suit your needs.
Cannabis – Psychedelics – Policy Reform – Business Development
Public Speaking & Media Consultation
Robert enjoys public speaking and connecting with audiences on topics addressing drug prohibition and cannabis reform. He routinely provides commentary concerning regulated and emerging industries and frequently participates as a guest on podcasts. Robert is also an acclaimed international speaker and routinely attends regulatory and industry events, speaking at conferences and expos in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia on the laws surrounding cannabis, psychedelic access, and plant medicine.
Robert has presented at many of the leading cannabis and psychedelic conferences and events, offering thought-provoking insights to help drive policy and shape industry. In addition to public speaking and legal counsel, his views on cannabis, drug reform and privacy are consulted by the media and government.
Robert frequently appears in media coverage commenting on cannabis and has been a speaker and participant at a multitude of cannabis events around the world. He has conducted numerous interviews regarding cannabis and psychedelic policy for international, national, and local media outlets including the New York Times, the Globe and Mail, the Canadian Broadcast Corporation (CBC), CTV News, Variety, Cannabis Culture (CC), Business of Cannabis (BoC), Business In Vancouver (BIV), the Georgia Straight, Prohibition Partners and High Canada Magazine (HCM). Additionally, Robert has been a featured guest on a variety of podcasts. For bookings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Speaking Events.
- Jaqui Childs Lift & Co. 2020 Expo (Vancouver) Lift & Co. Vancouver, British Columbia. January 10, 2020.
- PACE Radio Show Live with Al Graham and Kim Cooper. The Canadian based P.A.C.E. Radio Show features Canadian cannabis advocates from coast to coast. January 15, 2020.
- Invited to speak at Psychedelic Tech Summit. Tel Aviv, Israel. March 29-30, 2020.
2019 Speaking Events.
- Canadian Bar Association Privacy Law Conference 2019 (CBA FOI and Privacy Forum), Legalization of Marijuana and Privacy Impacts, Robert W.E. Laurie and Jordan Michaux. Presented by the Canadian Bar Association B.C. Branch in partnership with the CBABC Freedom of Information & Privacy Law Section and the BC Privacy Professionals. (Vancouver) April 11, 2019.
- Lift & Co. Expo (Toronto) Panel Moderator “Training: The Key To Creating Elevated Retail Experiences” Robert Laurie, AD LUCEM LAW CORPORATION, Shahbaaz Kara-Virani, Director Sales, Lift&Co and CannSell, Nathan Noble, National Training Coordinator, Spiritleaf Zach Currie, Director, Cannabis Operations, PEICMC, and Eleanor Lynch, SVP Retail Operations, Kiaro Toronto June, 7, 2019.
- Ample Organics Sessions with Business of Cannabis (BofC) Robert Laurie interview with Jay Rosenthal and John Prentice. Toronto. June 7, 2019.
- Extraordinary Future (Cambridge House International) – Interview with Dr. Dennis McKenna regarding “Commercializing Psychedelics” in Vancouver September 23, 2019.
- Extraordinary Future (Cambridge House International) – Panel participant “Deep Dive: Psychedelics Renaissance with Dr. Dennis McKenna, Dr. Matthew W. Johnson (Johns Hopkins University), JR Rand (Mind Medicine), Lars Wilde (Compass Pathways) in Vancouver September 23, 2019.
- International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC), Westin Bayshore Vancouver. Panel discussing International Export and Commerce of Cannabis. Vancouver, Canada. September 16, 2019.
2018 Speaking Events
- Mensa (Vancouver Chapter). Discussion with Mensa Chapter Members regarding cannabis use, the legalization of cannabis and history of prohibition. Guest of Dr. W. Lorne Brown in Vancouver, Canada on January 31, 2018.
- Canadian Institute Cannabis Conference in Vancouver. Panel discussing legalization of cannabis (With Kash Heed and John Conroy Q.C.) Vancouver, Canada, January 31, 2018.
- Georgia Straight Grass Roots Conference UBC Robson Square, Panel discussing legalization of cannabis with Kirk I. Tousaw (Tousaw Law Corporation), Cameron Noble and Travis Lane (cultivator) Vancouver, Canada. Saturday April 7, 2018.
- International Cannabis Business Conference (Berlin, Germany) – Panel with Nick Pateras of Lift Cannabis and Jamie Shaw, discussing legalization of cannabis in Canada. Berlin, Germany, April 11, 2019.
- International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC) Panel Moderator: “International Export and Commerce.” Vancouver, September 10 – 11, 2019.
- The Canadian Cannabis Energy Challenge – Power Industry Due Diligence for Canada’s Legal Marijuana Market. Panel discussing issues involving the legalization of cannabis and issues concerning energy conservation with participants including BC Hydro and Kash Heed. Burnaby, B.C. April 23 – 24, 2018.
- International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC), Wall Centre, Vancouver. Panel discussing legalization of cannabis in Canada with Kirk I. Tousaw, Barinder Rasode GrowTech Labs and Andrea Dobbs, Village Bloomery. Vancouver, Canada. June 25, 2018.
- Cannabis Trade Show (Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver). Panel discussing legalization of cannabis with Liam Oster of Watson Goepell LLP. July 21, 2018.
- Extraordinary Futures “Are Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybin) The Next Cannabis?” Watch as star of VICELAND’s “Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia”, Hamilton Morris, and respected cannabis lawyer Robert W.E. Laurie of AD LUCEM LAW CORPORATION discuss the use and application of psychedelic treatments. Vancouver September 26, 2018.
- Cannabis Hemp Conference. Cannabis Legalization in Canada-Past, Present and Future – Laws, Access and Gaps, September 29, 2018.
- O’Cannabiz Conference, Parq Hotel and Casino, Vancouver. Panel discussing cannabis legal issues surrounding intoxicated driving (with John Conroy Q.C. and Jamie Shaw). Vancouver, Canada. December 10, 2018.
Cannabis Legalization and Industry Speaking Events (2015 to 2017)
- Medical Marihuana: Current Law and Practice in BC and Canada (Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (CLEBC), Vancouver, Canada. May 2015.
- Women Grow (Presentation to Vancouver Chapter) Vancouver, Canada. July 2015.
- Women Grow (Presentation to Vancouver Chapter) Vancouver, Canada. May 7, 2016.
- Cannabis Culture – Presenter on invitation from Jodie Emery at Vancouver Marijuana Unity & Strategy Meeting (PotTV). Vancouver, Canada. April 26, 2016.
- Hash Church (PodCast Guest of Marcus Richardson aka Bubbleman) at the Cannabis Hemp Conference, Vancouver, Canada. July 2016.
- Canadian Institute – Cannabis Business Week (Public Safety and Policing): Policies for Impaired Driving, Public Disturbances and Disorderliness (Session with Wally Oppal QC, former BC Attorney General) – Vancouver, Canada, September 13, 2016.
- International Cannabis Business Conference (ICBC) Panel with John Conroy Q.C. of Conroy and Company, Kirk Tousaw of Tousaw Law Corporation and Robert W.E. Laurie “Cannabis and Legalization in Canada”, Vancouver, October 2016.
- M.O.M. Cup (VIP Judge and Speaker) – Vancouver, Canada, February 2017.
- Cannabis Marijuana: Current Issues in Legalization and Regulation (Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (CLEBC), Vancouver, Canada March 9, 2017.
- CLE Surrey BC (Surrey Provincial Court House), Surrey, Canada, March 10, 2017.
- Grasslands Exhibit (Speaker) Penticton Art Gallery, Penticton, Canada, April 2017.
- Nimbin Mardi Grass, Speaker on Canadian Charter and Constitutional Litigation involving Cannabis in Canada. Nimbin, Australia, May 2 – 6, 2017.
- Cannabis Hemp Conference. Cannabis Legalization in Canada-Past, Present and Future – Laws, Access and Gaps, May 2017.
- Cannabis Life Conference, (Vancouver) Panel with Dana Larsen, Freddie Pritchard, Jodie Emery and Jamie Shaw, Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, July 7, 2017.
- The Lynda Steele Show (Formerly Steele and Drex) Guest: Robert W.E. Laurie, AD LUCEM LAW CORPORATION. The Dispensary Community Is Fighting Back Against the City’s Plan For A “Major Dispensary Shutdown” Vancouver, Canada, September 13, 2017.
- International Cannabis Business Conference (Kauai, Hawaii). International Panel. Kauai, USA on November 30, 2017 to December 3, 2017.